Translator / Interpreter
(Posting ID: 202244)
Job Type: Full-Time
Location : Hiroo, Tokyo, Japan
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
Deadline: February 28, 2018 (candidates may be
interviewed or hired prior to the deadline)
Starting date: Negotiable
＊For details, please download this PDF file.
- Provide English to Japanese and Japanese to English side by side consecutive interpretation and simultaneous interpretation in meetings including stake conferences, seminars, and interviews.
- Record materials for audiovisual production by reading translation scripts in a sound studio.
- Research, translate, review and proofread assigned materials including the Liahona, Textbooks, LDS.org,Family Search, Public Affairs and S&I content and Video Subtitles.
- Supervise and review the work of contractors.
- Quality control of Church publications.
- Take ownership of projects to improve the Church publishing services.
- Current temple recommend.
- B.A. degree with 3-4 years of work experience or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of English and mastery of Japanese.
- General knowledge of various subjects assigned for translation including LDS terms, doctrine, and organization.
- Good people skills.
- Good computer skills. (Trados, Microsoft Office, etc.)
* Applicants may be accepted even if they do not meet all of the aforementioned qualifications.
- Please submit your resume from:https://careers.lds.org/search/Public/Search.aspx
- Your personal information will be used for the Church’s selection process.
- If you have any questions please contact Yuki Kitahara (email@example.com)